Heidi C. Piper, M.D.
- Laser Surgery
- Received B.S. in Biology from Houghton College in 1987.
- M.D. received in 1993 from St. Louis University School of Medicine.
- Completed internship at Strong Memorial Hospital in Obstetrics and Gynecology, three years of general surgery residency at Penn State-Geisinger Medical Center, followed by a year as staff physician in the Intensive Care Unit.
- Completed a three year residency in Ophthalmology at Penn State-Geisinger Medical Center in 2000.
- Awarded Fellowship in Vitreo-Retinal Surgery Ophthalmology at Indiana State University in 2001.
- Certified by the National Board of Medical Examiners.
- Fellow of the American Academy of Ophthalmology.
- Served as a medical volunteer in Guatemala and Honduras.
- Currently an active member of the American Academy of Ophthalmology, Christian Medical and Dental Society and the American Society of Retina Specialists.
Dr. Piper was born and raised in Victor, New York. She is very pleased to return home to practice and raise her family after being away for 18 years for her medical training. Her husband, Jay Yates, M.D., is an Ear, Nose and Throat surgeon, practicing in Canandaigua. She has three children, Paige, Tristan and Camryn. Dr. Piper’s interests include hiking, equestrian sports and skiing.