- Cataract Surgery
- Comprehensive Ophthalmology
- Graduated from Phillips Academy, Andover, MA in 1983.
- Received his BA in Engineering in 1987 from Dartmouth College.
- Worked as a computer Analyst/Programmer from 1987 to 1990.
- Received his MD in 1994 from the Brown-Dartmouth Program in Medicine.
- Board Certified in Ophthalmology.
- Completed an internship in the Primary Care Program in Internal Medicine at Strong Memorial Hospital (1994-1995).
- Completed Residency in Ophthalmology (1995-1998) through the University of Rochester Residency program at Strong Memorial Hospital. Administrative Chief Resident of Ophthalmology 1997-1998.
- Currently an active member of the American Academy of Ophthalmology, New York State Ophthalmological Society, and Monroe County Medical Society.
- Trained with Stephen Slade, MD, first surgeon to perform LASIK surgery on the excimer laser in the United States.
- First surgeon in the Tri-County area to perform LASIK Laser Vision Correction.
Dr. Hwang’s parents emigrated to the United States from South Korea when he was one year old. His father, a general surgeon, has practiced in Missouri for over 30 years. He has a younger brother and sister, both attorneys. His wife, Anne-Marie, has retired from her Internal Medicine practice. They have three children. Dr. Hwang’s other interests include golf, tennis, squash, and computer technology.