The femtosecond laser allows us to make precise incisions into the cornea and parts of the lens prior to cataract surgery. With the laser, you can expect the following:
- Improved wound structure, which decreases the risk for infection and wound leakage.
- Decrease in the amount of energy usage within the eye, which leads to fewer complications and faster healing.
- A circular (as opposed to an irregularly shaped) opening to place the new IOL. This leads to more predictability.
- Correction of mild to moderate amounts of astigmatism, which may make you less dependent on glasses following the surgery.
- Laser technology enables precision performance and the computer guided accuracy of the laser to complement our surgeon’s skills. Not everyone is a candidate for blade-free cataract surgery. Your surgeon will evaluate your eyes and discuss all of your options.