- Graduated Utica College with BS in Biology in 1983.
- Graduated from Pennsylvania College of Optometry with OD and MS in Vision Rehabilitation in 1987.
- Completed Residency in Primary Care Optometry at The Eye Institute of Philadelphia, PA 1988.
- Attained position as an Associate Professor and was tenured at the Pennsylvania College of Optometry.
- Previous clinical experience in stroke, brain injury, low vision, and contact lenses.
- NYS certified in therapeutic treatment of eye disease including glaucoma.
- Currently a member of the American Optometric Association, the New York State Optometric Association, and Rochester Optometric Society.
Dr. Ray was born in Sauquoit, NY and enjoys camping, cooking, pets, and spending time with his family. He has a dog named Champ and a lizard named Lucky. Dr. Ray is a member of the First Presbyterian Church in Wolcott, where he serves as an Elder. He contributes to Lollypop Farm and has volunteered in their animal clinic.