- Laser Surgery
- Received BS in Biology from Houghton College in 1987.
- MD received in 1993 from St. Louis University School of Medicine.
- Completed internship at Strong Memorial Hospital in Obstetrics and Gynecology, three years of general surgery residency at Penn State-Geisinger Medical Center, followed by a year as staff physician in the Intensive Care Unit.
- Completed a residency in Ophthalmology at the Penn State-Geisinger Medical Center in 2000.
- Awarded Fellowship in Vitreo-Retinal Surgery Ophthalmology at Indiana State University in 2001.
- Certified by the National Board of Medical Examiners.
- Fellow of the American Academy of Ophthalmology.
- Board certified in Ophthalmology.
- Served as a medical volunteer in Guatemala and Honduras.
- Currently an active member of the American Academy of Ophthalmology, Christian Medical and Dental Society, and the American Society of Retina Specialists.
Dr. Piper was born and raised in Victor, New York. She has three children: Paige, Tristan and Camryn. When outside of work, Dr. Piper enjoys hiking, equestrian sports and skiing.