Gary D. Markowitz, M.D.
- Pediatric Ophthalmology
- Adult Eye Muscle Surgery
Dr. Markowitz practices full time with the Ocusight practice in Rochester, New York. He sees patients by referral at The Eye Care Center in Canandaigua on a monthly basis and has been doing so for more than a decade.
- Received B.A. in biology from Brandeis University, graduating magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa.
- M.D. received in 1989, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons.
- Completed internship in Internal Medicine, The Bryn Mawr Hospital of Thomas Jefferson University.
- Completed residency in Ophthalmology at The Scheie Eye Institute, Department of Ophthalmology of the University of Pennsylvania.
- Completed fellowship in Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus at The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.
- Clinical Professor, Departments of Ophthalmology and Pediatrics, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry.
- Member of the American Association for Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus.
- Specialty Fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics.
- Consultant for New York State Office of Professional Conduct.
Dr. Markowitz is married and has two children. His wife is a professor at the University of Rochester. Dr. Markowitz enjoys playing golf and participates in a number of charity golf tournaments each year.